Monday 16 March 2009

What a civilised way to pass the weekend

I had a fantastic weekend of Jazz, rugby and fashion

Elmbridge fashion show started on 13 and ended on 15 March.
African fashion accessories and ethical clothing from Ethnic Supplies were included and showcased on 14th


We got a fab review from the audience but what I had not anticipated was being asked to be one of the models for Ethnic Supplies. The best thing about this show was local people from all walks of life regardless of age size or colour were given the chance to walk the Catwalk and show case fashion from local Shops.I will post the photos as soon as I get them


Rugby, well what can I say, I don't think the Welsh deserved to win and felt sorry for the Italians who tried so hard.The English/French game, was amazing too, although I found the first part rather dull. The English team looked like a born again team. I have not seen them play so well or certainly score that many points against the French team.

After the Rugby it was time to hit the road to Riverhouse in Walton on Thames where I caught up with Ulla from Denmark and the others for an evening of live jazz. On stage was this man http://www.tonywoods.org/ with his band.

I never thought I would ever enjoy modern jazz as I did. Tony is so talented, he switched between the Sax to the flute to sometthing that looked like a hollowed out bamboo stick and something else that looked like a hollowed out squash.

Really fabulous stuff from these guys and if you can catch them please do. Milo Fell was superb on the drums too, he too had several implements whose names I don't know
but they served to improve the sound.

There had to a downside to this though, and it was the people who came to listen to the jazz but decided to talk amongst themselves for
the duration of the second half, ruining it all for everyone.

I always wondered what these sorts of people have to say to each other that either can't wait of that could not have been said before the show. They irriated Ulla no end and at one point I thought she was going to say something to them

In all all a thoroughly enjoyable weekend

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment