Sunday 22 February 2009

Walking off a Danish pastry on esher common

I don't know when or how, but at some point in the last year I gave up any form of physical exercise and became unfit in the process. At the end of last year I was losing so many days to colds and coughs that I vowed to do something about it

I signed up to my local gym, and having completed my induction, my "gym routine started this week in earnest and I managed to pack in 3 sessions. I couldn't get to gym on Monday but got there on Tuesday and Wednesday, by Thursday morning everywhere hurt so I stayed way and instead went for a 15 minute walk, before returning on Friday morning.

I had a coffee and a Danish on Saturday before joining the local walking group for a 2 hour hike on Esher common and here are some pics of the landscape along the route we walked.

I have had another 30 minute walk today as i could not face being in the gym. I am not sure how I will fare next week, but I must say I have had a good start























No comments:

Post a Comment