Thursday 18 December 2008

17 December 2008

I am not quite sure what to make of yesterday. I planned a few things to fill the day as I didn’t want to just sit at home feeling sad about losing Dad. Dad was someone who got on with things so to say.

I travelled to Chesham Buckinghamshire for meeting with Neil Fairbrother. This meeting was to explore whether he could edit the recorded material I brought back from my trips to Uganda and Tanzania into something usable. Neil is a pleasant man and I was pleased to meet him. I learned a lot about what is involved in the process but was disappointed to note that due to what is involved the charges are quite high and I therefore had to abandon the whole idea.

I travelled to Esher Surrey for the next thing I had planned to do, which was catch up with Nathalie over lunch. She wasn’t having a particularly good day due to a mix up at her bank. Lunch turned into, evening and when I got to my car in the council’s car park I had a parking penalty on the windscreen.

You can’t imagine how down I felt on realising what had happened. It appeared to me that my efforts to fill my time with constructive things and keep my spirits up were doomed. I went home and had a call from my friend Sarah and my sister Liz.

Liz is great as well as being my sis she is my best friend. We had a heart to heart about how we felt and for the first time we talked about Dad’s death without crying. I had a glass of wine and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment