Thursday 25 December 2008

Thoughts on a grey christmas day

This year's christmas was always going to be a challenge. It is the first since Dad died and it would have been his birthday too. The idea that I would not be able to ring him to wish him a happy xmas and happy birthday did not sink in until last week. I miss the debates we used to have regarding how presents he should have for xmas. I must say he always won.

I didn't plan anything, in fact having only written my Xmas cards very late in the day I left so many people off the least. Two days ago whilst browsing the website of my local authority Elmbridge, I discovered that there is a guided walk on Fairmile common in cobham starting at 11AM.

I thought this was a great way to start the day, so it was today that I got up made calls to friends and family then hit the road to cobham. The organiser has a surprise too, Mulled wine, mince pies and other snacks. I can't tell you how beautiful this part of town is, here are some pics you can see fro yourself.



















this is a pond in the middle of the woodland












I love the mix of colours this time of the year




I am now ready for lunch..Merry Xmas

No comments:

Post a Comment